Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Looking for 9F94R537112 that i used to own. Last known title in Wi in 1988
Scott Taylor is the CCOA's registrar for these special Cats, and could see if your VIN is in his database. Shoot him an email with your info at [email protected]

That said, maybe describe the car for us (color combo, unique options, etc.): it might ring a bell with someone.

My R code vert is a slightly earlier car than yours, I've had it since '86. You can see pics @ the link to my gallery below.

Best of luck with your quest.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car was a XR7 Convertible. Black with a Maroon interior, Tilt away wheel,electric windows I had also fabricated a roll bar to give it the shelby look. Also factory front spoiler and rear wing were added. at the time of sale whe wheels were American racing 200S.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Sounds like a great lookin' car. It doesn't ring any bells with me, but I'm an East Coast guy. It would not surprise me if someone from the WI area remembers it.

Where did it go when you were done with it? Tell us the story.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes, the car is known to exist and is on the 428CJ registry already. XR7 convertible, black paint, maroon interior, Early January car, automatic, 3.50L rear end. I list the owner as "Tony". Sorry, I have no contact information for him. Perhaps Phil Parcels may have more information on the current owner.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought this car from a friends uncle that purchased it new at Schwister Ford in Wisconsin. I pulled out of their driveway slowly accelersted to 40 mph, stomped the ga,s downshifted to first alyed rubber till it hit 2nd gear and layed rubber another 30 feet. of course they were E70-14 tires. that was it had to have it and promptly paid the $1500 asking. that was 1974. I basically stuck every paycheck into the car untill 1984 when i decided I was tired of going to the laundermat. Sold it to a kid for $6500 who blew up a very healthy 13:1 compression rebuild. I replaced all shet metal with Ford oe panels. I was working at a Ford dealer at the time in the parts dept and located the last 2 convertible quarter panels in California. I added a front and rear spoiler from Ford. I located a factory trunk release and also converted it to intermittant wipers, trying to put as many options on the car as possible. I really do not miss the car as I gotta have it again as I am filing that void by building a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. That can be seen at http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/ it would be nice to contact the new owner and maybe answer any questions he may have.
Sounds like a great lookin' car. It doesn't ring any bells with me, but I'm an East Coast guy. It would not surprise me if someone from the WI area remembers it.

Where did it go when you were done with it? Tell us the story.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
I posted a very long story and awaiting the moderator to post it.
The only thing I found were your 5 posts on this thread. Is it a blog posting or something?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought this car a friends uncle, the original owner. I took the car on a road test, slowly up to MPH then stomped the throttle, it downshifted into first breaking loose the tires and when it shifted into 2nd laid down another 30 feet of rubber. it did have E70-14 bias ply tires so that was fairly easy and I had to have the car. laid down $1500.00 without haggling, I'm sure all will understand. Basically poured every paycheck in to the car, had to make it faster of course. I replaced every removable panel over a 10 year ownership period. I worked in parts at a Ford dealer. All ford metal including the last 2 oem quarter panels located in California. Added a factory rear wing and front spoiler to personalize it. This car was block sanded for hours and hours to get it perfectly flat. I built a non functional roll bar trying to get the Shelby look, trying to achieve a look as though Shelby had his hands in it. There were 428 cobra jet emblems on the fenders and snakes above the rear side markers. The last motor I built was a 13:1 monster and ran a 11.96 with the car. I also took out the police C6 and put in a large input shaft top loader and added a Detroit locker with 4.56 gears in the nodular housing. Got tired of shifting when I ran across a reverse shift C6, that made the car fun again. Only problem was finding fuel for it to run decently. After 10 years of ownership I tired of the car and decided to sell and buy a washer and drier to stop going to laundromats. Sold it to a kid for $6500.00. He blew up the engine within a few months and it sat. It was bought by a guy in Milwaukee and he put a milder 428 back in. He no longer owns it and is no longer in WI. i would like to try to find it again even if just to lay eyes on it again. In the meantime I am building a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. You can follow the progress at http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I bought this car a friends uncle, the original owner. I took the car on a
road test, slowly up to MPH then stomped the throttle, it downshifted into
first breaking loose the tires and when it shifted into 2nd laid down another
30 feet of rubber. it did have E70-14 bias ply tires so that was fairly easy
and I had to have the car. laid down $1500.00 without haggling, I'm sure all
will understand. Basically poured every paycheck in to the car, had to make it
faster of course. I replaced every removable panel over a 10 year ownership
period. I worked in parts at a Ford dealer. All ford metal including the last 2
oem quarter panels located in California. Added a factory rear wing and front
spoiler to personalize it. This car was block sanded for hours and hours to get
it perfectly flat. I built a non functional roll bar trying to get the Shelby
look, trying to achieve a look as though Shelby had his hands in it. There were
428 cobra jet emblems on the fenders and snakes above the rear side markers.
The last motor I built was a 13:1 monster and ran a 11.96 with the car. I also
took out the police C6 and put in a large input shaft top loader and added a
Detroit locker with 4.56 gears in the nodular housing. Got tired of shifting
when I ran across a reverse shift C6, that made the car fun again. Only problem
was finding fuel for it to run decently. After 10 years of ownership I tired of
the car and decided to sell and buy a washer and drier to stop going to
laundromats. Sold it to a kid for $6500.00. He blew up the engine within a few
months and it sat. It was bought by a guy in Milwaukee and he put a milder 428
back in. He no longer owns it and the caris no longer registered in WI. I would like to try to
find it again even if just to lay eyes on it again. In the meantime I am building
a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. You can follow the progress at

http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
lewpoberezny;466211...stomped the throttle said:
LOL - & that's why the Big Block cars are worth the extra trouble & expense.

Thanks for posting the story, a great reminder about how many cars were enjoyed back in the day when they were just cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts