1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Looks like a real solid car. One can only hope that the fact that Gunner got so much deserved exposure and sold for such a well deserved price, that the momentum will eventually trickle down to boost the values of '67-'68 Cougars from Standards on up.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Does the girl come with the car? :evil:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
This kills me, when the bid is already at $4500 for that car! I guess I have to get my J code 1968 on ebay real soon, because mine is much better, and it really is original! This guy is whacked because he claims his car is 100% original except it is missing: all the trunk chrome, the exhaust manifolds (has headers), has an aftermarked cheap exhaust system, the fan shroud, all A/C components, all the spare tires and jack hardware, the Cougar scripts, the original carb, etc. etc, etc. Not to mention half the interior is black (the rear seat, the dash face, etc!)...And that is NOT original paint. THe driver's side fender is blue.... Seriously, I can't believe that someone bid more than $2500 for that car....

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
This kills me, when the bid is already at $4500 for that car! I guess I have to get my J code 1968 on ebay real soon, because mine is much better, and it really is original! This guy is whacked because he claims his car is 100% original except it is missing: all the trunk chrome, the exhaust manifolds (has headers), has an aftermarked cheap exhaust system, the fan shroud, all A/C components, all the spare tires and jack hardware, the Cougar scripts, the original carb, etc. etc, etc. Not to mention half the interior is black (the rear seat, the dash face, etc!)...And that is NOT original paint. THe driver's side fender is blue.... Seriously, I can't believe that someone bid more than $2500 for that car....
ummm... maybe you have not heard? 68 Cougars are (potentially) worth $165k now...

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Originally Posted by 428cougarguy;
he claims his car is 100% original except it is missing: all the trunk chrome, the exhaust manifolds (has headers), has an aftermarked cheap exhaust system, the fan shroud, all A/C components, all the spare tires and jack hardware, the Cougar scripts, the original carb, etc. etc, etc. Not to mention half the interior is black (the rear seat, the dash face, etc!)
Take another look at the back seat, half Decor and half XR-7. I didn't double check to see if he mentioned it has been repainted at least once. The drivers front fender was replaced at some point. It use to be Blue. Could still be a good project for the right person.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've had the seller book marked for a long time. He sells some nice AZ rust free project cars. $4,500 yeah I would pay that much for it, vs an ECI Cougar for $2,000 and spend another $4,000 and two years fixing the rust!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Nice shot of the keys..What the ??

The girl is very cute..I think that added a lot to the ad, frankly..

This car is not worth 4500 clams, though. Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
But LOOK.......the high bidder has RETRACTED 8 bids over the past 6 months.

He has another bid covering too.

I wonder what's going on here???

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
134 Posts
I spy, with my little eye, at least one picture that is definitely from a 1970 cougar. =P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts