Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Looks like I'm OFFICIALLY joining your ranks!

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  66_Pony 
#1 ·
Well, pending a verification inspection, I'm a Cat owner (see below). I hope I can bring some of my 'stang experience to make an occasional helpful post here, and look forward to talking with y'all about my Cougar dilemmas!

#3 ·
To be honest, upto now I was wondering what you were actually doing here. ;)

Congrats on the cat, looks sharp.

Cheers!
Matthijs

#8 ·
welcome to the the forgotten underbelly of ford. we of the winged god messenger welcome you unto the fold. and congrats on the cat did you get the one in AZ and did the nada price help in the dealings?

#9 ·
greggieatthebat said:
Very nice! Welcome! By the way, just so we're clear, I like the one on the left better LOL!
I'll allow you that!

Shari (my Mustang) is a real treasure to me though. My son is only 3, and he wants that car! My next child, expected next week, needed a car to not have too. I'll let them fight it out when I'm gone. :D

#11 ·
cougarguy said:
welcome to the the forgotten underbelly of ford.
Thanks! I've been looking at the various sites, and I'm shocked at the Cougar survival rates! It's estimated that 33% of the 1964-73 Mustang production is still on the road. The Cougar... is lower.

we of the winged god messenger welcome you unto the fold.
Many times was the word of Mercury spoken unto me! My father's favorite vehicle was his first. A 1953 Merc.

and congrats on the cat did you get the one in AZ and did the nada price help in the dealings?
Yes, it helped me figure out a fair price. Even more helpful was that the owner had already been screwed over by two buyers who never came through with the cash. He was in the mood to work with someone ready to pay.

#12 ·
Congrats Steve! I missed out on a AZ car just last week. Day late again. Been searching since I sold my 69 a couple months ago. You will like your Cougar, there really is alot the same with the Mustangs. The Cougars are a little nicer in areas but I am a big Stang fan also. My brother has a really nice 69 Mach 1. mm

#13 ·
Steve,
Are you a member of Mustangs northwesr? You may want to look in to The Cascade Cougar Club. We meet tomarrow in renton.
Heres some info that out guy sent out;

CCC List ...

1. REMINDER ... CCC Meeting, this Saturday, Nov 2, 10AM, Cascade Lincoln Mercury in Renton.

2. FOR SALE ... 69 Cougar XR7 Hardtop. Original owner with all documents, etc. 351-2V/Auto, blue w/black interior, black vinyl roof. PS/PDB/Air. $4,500. Contact Tina ... kstrausz@cmc.net (or) 425/776-5969.

3. CCC HOLIDAY PARTY ... Mark your calendar for Saturday evening, Dec 14, All City Diner in Renton. RSVP info in upcoming PROWLER and via later Email.

Bill Herbert
Membership Chairman
Cascade Cougar Club
BLHerbert@aol.com
253/838-9327

Hope to see you around.

P.S. I'm in Everett WA.

#14 ·
badcatt said:
Steve,
Are you a member of Mustangs northwesr? You may want to look in to The Cascade Cougar Club. We meet tomarrow in renton.
Heres some info that out guy sent out;

CCC List ...

1. REMINDER ... CCC Meeting, this Saturday, Nov 2, 10AM, Cascade Lincoln Mercury in Renton.

2. FOR SALE ... 69 Cougar XR7 Hardtop. Original owner with all documents, etc. 351-2V/Auto, blue w/black interior, black vinyl roof. PS/PDB/Air. $4,500. Contact Tina ... kstrausz@cmc.net (or) 425/776-5969.

3. CCC HOLIDAY PARTY ... Mark your calendar for Saturday evening, Dec 14, All City Diner in Renton. RSVP info in upcoming PROWLER and via later Email.

Bill Herbert
Membership Chairman
Cascade Cougar Club
BLHerbert@aol.com
253/838-9327

Hope to see you around.

P.S. I'm in Everett WA.
Hi Bill,

I am in MCA, but not MNW, mostly because they meet Friday evenings in Seattle and (as I imagine you know) the Lake Washington bridges westbound are a bear that time of day. I do make it a point to show up at Roundup, however!

I'll be interested in checking out the CCC, Jess Cook has already mentioned it. I think it may be a couple of months until I can show up, though. We're racing to finish a house addition before our baby shows up... both are due next week! Heck of a time to pick up a new car, but once the bug hits....

Steve, in Bellevue

#15 ·
And might i add the CCC is a fine bunch of guys and gals and neal is one of the most helpfull guys you will find. enjoy your new marque. I am a mustang lover as well but I always buy the cougar, hmmm maybe i just like to look at mustangs but being a baby bird fan keeps me in the ford camp as well. glad you got the deal. if you pass through the hi desert on the way back say hi and i will be glad to reciprocate.

#17 ·
Hey 66 welcome to the group!!! I did it just the opposite of you, I've had my cat for 12 years and just got a 66 stang in may but its a project so I might have some questions for you. I just sold a 68 and all I had to do to get the sequentials working was clean the bulb sockets on the rear...just lucky i guess...lol
John
wvcat

#18 ·
wvcat said:
Hey 66 welcome to the group!!! I did it just the opposite of you, I've had my cat for 12 years and just got a 66 stang in may but its a project so I might have some questions for you. I just sold a 68 and all I had to do to get the sequentials working was clean the bulb sockets on the rear...just lucky i guess...lol
John
wvcat
I'll be more that happy to help with your Mustang, if I can. Let me also take this opportunity to plug Vintage Mustang Forum, the best Mustang site on the web!

As for my sequencers, I'm relatively certain that it's the steering column turn signal cam... the wand doesn't "click" in one direction.

#19 ·
I'll check out vintage mustang. I already go to mustangs and more but you can never have too much info. I've already installed a 3:73 traclok 9'' and a set of 5 lug drums on the front to get rid of the 4 lug set up but I will be looking for some disc's for the front. I am also going to add ps and pb along with a/c. It will have an AOD and a small block, it might get the 351w I have sitting on the floor beside it but I really would rather use a 289/302. The car is going to be a driver for my wife when complete. The ts switch is a pain to replace but not really difficult. BTW I thing my stangh is the same color as yours only no vinyl, you can find a picture in my gallery.
Good luck
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.