Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 mercury cougar that is for sale in that area of the forum. Just look up 69 cougar for sale with 351C near Los Angeles. On the flip side, i am looking for 2 more cars. I need a bunch of parts for a 67 fastback mustang, so i'm trying to find a cheap donor coupe with a good front and rear end (frame/firewall and rear frame). There also, i would like to get out of my cougar and into a fastback mustang as well. No thanks on the 67 and 68's please. Just the 69-70's. If anyone has one, i'm am looking at any project level. Rusted or not, i am considering it. Let me know ASAP and we can work out a deal as quick as you want.

My cougar is in pretty good shape. Car is almost rust free except in the quarters and a couple spots on the top of the front fenders (imagine that). its got a 351C 2v and a C6. Edelbrock intake and carb. Dakota digital gauges (1700$). Let me know what works, or if you have a 69-70 fastback mustang for sale, or a 67-68 donor.

thanks guys

John Richert
USN

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
John,

Assume you have already thought of this, but just in case, have you posted on some of the mustang forums in search of these cars? There you could link to the for sale post here.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
980 Posts
No kiddin, it was going to be a guys 401k, he was known as "Repo Ray"...anyway he dropped dead in his yard a couple of years ago, and his brother now has the duty of getting rid of all the cars in it. It is an insulated pole building with a concrete floor. The plates on the "Stang" were from 1986 and it ran when it got put in there (according to the brother, they all ran)...there are about 30 Mustangs in there, one 67 Cougar, Thunderbirds, and Fords from the '40's.It was an amazing place to visit, when I asked about the Mustang, he told me that he's been offered 5k for it, but the guy that offered it never came back to buy it. Wish I had those problems to deal with...I'd be retired.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It was an amazing place to visit, when I asked about the Mustang, he told me that he's been offered 5k for it, but the guy that offered it never came back to buy it. Wish I had those problems to deal with...I'd be retired.
Only 5K, whats wrong with it? I would have to beg the wife, but for 5K she may give in and let me buy it for HER! Funny thing is we were talking about one of the cars on the BJ auction last night, and I explained that most of the fastback are still being made into Eleanor clones and not worth the price (IMHO).

Also, the Falcon convertible and the 67 Cougar look interesting as well, my 13 year old son and I have been talking about his first car so that may be an option. The mascot for our High School is a Falcon!

Paul

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey Paul -

Here is the contact phone number, his name is Wes Vondracek 319-389-0545. It's been about a year since I was there, but it is only about 3-4 miles from my home...so if you need a helping hand on this end let me know. As far as I know, most of the stuff is still in there. There was a dent in the top of the Mustang right over the rearview mirror...looked like something fell on it, but looked fixable. I'll look and see if I still have the pictures of the interior of it. The Cougar is typi Crash and vacation pics 032.jpg cal of midwest cars, needs new rear 1/4's and the usual stuff, but has factory air, leather interior... Ooops found the pictures...see below

Best
Jay

Crash and vacation pics 031.jpg

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks Jay, I will give him a call when I get home tonight! Talked to the wife a few minutes ago, she may be open to making a road trip to Iowa. Did you happen to take any pictures of the Falcon?

Paul

·
Registered
980 Posts
Crash and vacation pics 023.jpg Crash and vacation pics 024.jpg Crash and vacation pics 030.jpg Crash and vacation pics 036.jpg

Oh now I figured it out...duh?!? To be honest it was overwhelming in there, there was the one Falcon by the Mustang and then another up by the overhead door by the Thunderbirds. I didn't really get any good pics of them, sorry. :-(

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts