Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently looking at a 1968 Mercury Cougar. I have no idea how to tell the difference in models, seeing as I'm more a Ford trucks kinda guy. But I came across this classic and had give it a chance. I also need to know what a good price for this car is. It has a rebuilt 302 engine and a rebuilt automatic transmission both rebuilt in 2006. Both have 30,000 miles on them. Everything runs perfect and smooth. Only bad thing about the car is both front seats leather are pretty worn and need reupholstered. Both headlight covers will raise up completley, but only one will come back down when lights are turned off. The other has to be pushed down manualy. The front end looks like it may have been lowered a few inches. Any help is much appreciated ya'll!

·
Registered
235 Posts
post pics and we can give u a good figure, it can range between 1500 and 5000 from what your saying. a really nice one can range between 12000 to 20000

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what they say is rebuilt as far as value goes.....if it runs/drives ok, isn't a basket case, and has good potential to be what you are looking for, it has whatever value the market will bring....which as you may have noticed the Cougars are lower priced than Mustangs for the most part. (And better looking if you ask any of us!!) SO I think they are a better value than the market reflects. That means if you are into it, you can cop some good deals, if you think your gonna make money on it - don't hold your breath. Depends on your motivations and what you plan to do I guess. Good solid cars are out there in your area - you should have no trouble finding a nice driver around 5K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts