Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for chrome platers in the Northeast. I just hate when you get quoted a price and it ends up being much higher.

Al

·
Registered
992 Posts
I used Paul's Chrome in PA. Check out their website. They are very expensive, and make no qualms about it, but they also are very thorough and give you a very detailed itemized quote with pictures. Quality is top notch. I used them for any pot metal rechroming I needed. If you need simpler parts not made of pot metal rechromed, there are probably more affordable alternatives. Just remember that cut rate places might ruin a pot metal part if they don't know what they are doing, and when you dealing with Cougar parts, that's a big problem!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
theres a reason i decided to paint my 64's bumpers. 400+ plus each to replate is just crazy!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Justin,

If you find a good one, let me know!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've used Jon Wright in OH and have been happy with his work. Cheaper then Paul's and all his work has pleased me. He did my trunk lock last spring and it came out real nice.

http://www.customchromeplating.com/index.html

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Wright is very close to me. His work is too rich for my blood but worth the coin for the right people. He does stuff for pro builders ALL across the country.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not in the Northeast, but has anyone used Ogden Chrome in Utah?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Nu-Chrome does a lot of work here in MA. They are located in Fall River, I believe. I haven't priced anything with them in a couple of years, though. I do know they are always busy and it can take a while to get something done. There is also New England Chrome Plating in East Hartford, CT. They did some work for me that was better priced than Nu-chrome and they turned it around quicker. It also held up well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had our 71 cougar done a few years ago the guys out of cleveland i think his shop is called bumber to bumber he came to my house picked them up recromed them and droped them off for 600 very nice job

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The trunk lock housing Jon Wright did for me. $60.00

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
The trunk lock housing Jon Wright did for me. $60.00
Brian -

Out of curiosity, any thoughts on Paw Paw Plating or is this the place to go?

Hope all is well in Marshall!

Rod

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I used Niagara Custom Plating in Niagara Falls, NY.
They did a great job on my bumpers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts