Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Hope someone might be able to help me. My family had a green 1967 Cougar GT black interior with a black vinyl roof. Well.. about 1993 It was sold to a gentleman I believe located in the Toronto area, I was located in Hamilton when he purchased it off of me. Long story short I would like to by it back (if possible) I don’t have the vin # so I have no idea how to track it down? Any help would by appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello!
Hope someone might be able to help me. My family had a green 1967 Cougar GT black interior with a black vinyl roof. Well.. about 1993 It was sold to a gentleman I believe located in the Toronto area, I was located in Hamilton when he purchased it off of me. Long story short I would like to by it back (if possible) I don’t have the vin # so I have no idea how to track it down? Any help would by appreciated, thank you.
I went through something similar a few years back looking for my old Cougar. Getting a VIN will help tremendously so one angle you could pursue is paying Marti to do some research. If you can give him enough data from memory, he can search the database and find the VIN. He charges for this service so to make it worth while you need to give him those details that can narrow the search to a small number of cars.

You have some advantages in that it's a somewhat rare cat and (I assume) it was sold in Canada. If you remember things like radio type, wheel/hub cap type, PS/PB/AC (or not), he might find it. You'll need to start with the correct exterior color of green, and then build from there.

If Marti can find the VIN, you can then explore various Cougar registries and do a title search in Toronto. However, title searches rarely result in personally identifiable info beyond possibly who bought the car in 1993 but even that may be redacted in any photocopies.

At that point your options narrow down to local car clubs in and around Toronto and then ultimately a private investigator (not cheap).

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hello!
When I started looking at cougars a long time ago I wanted a 67 GT green couldn't find one the way I wanted it so I just bought a 67 red plain cougar automatic that needed alot of work from my neighbor, then made it the way I wanted it and now its a 67 green gt xr7, black interior, black vinyl roof, added a 4 speed top loader alot of work and years, just a idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!
Try to use the power of social media, you might have some luck there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts