Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to find any info on my car I sold back in 1984, It was from the New York area.
1970 Cougar XR7 Convertible
351 4v (m code) Factory 4sp Hurst-3.0 Rear
Black Interior-A/C-Tilt Wheel-Non Power Windows-Black Top
The car was white when I sold it but the original color most likely was Comp Orange or some sort of a copper color.
It had rusted out floors and rails but the new owner was going to have it fixed,
I sold the car to John Greene (he was into Fords)who lived on Eastern Long Island.
Any information on the car would be great.
Thanks
Phil

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If you have the vin, phil parcells can tell you the whereabouts on its location and if it still exists or not.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pat,
Can't find the vin or old registration, I went to the Dept of MV and they said it was to long ago for them to still have any records of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Don,
Any info on it would be great, it was my first car and always wanted to get it back but I guess that's not going to happen if it's in the scrap yard. Maybe I can buy a piece off it if the Marti report shows it was my car.
Also I spoke to you last week about needing a rear bumper for my 71, I sent you my old front and rear through UPS, you will have them on Wensday. I only need the rear, the front I sent is a extra for you to keep.

Thanks
Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts