Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
I haven't posted in quite a while. My dad recently decided to move on to another project ('55 Plymouth Belvedere) and decided his '69 Cougar Convertible had to go to create space to work on it in his garage. As hard as I tried to convince him to keep it, he was determined to sell it. We've worked together on this a lot, and since he is now 76 yrs old there is a certain amount of sentimentality for me for this car. When I go home for a visit he usually has a job for me to do on it, and I've grown quite attached to the car. Well, as you may have guessed, rather than have someone else own the car we reached an "agreement" and the 'vert now belongs to me! :) I want to put personalized license plates on it, but would like some suggestions since many of you are quite clever in coming up with ideas. The DMV already turned down 69 VERT, which I guess can have a double meaning. I've entertained the idea of DADSCAT also as a tribute to him. In Iowa we are allowed 7 characters. Any other ideas? Thanks for any other suggestions! Mark

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I guess PURvert is out too! LOL I kill me.....

FromDad?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
How about ECI-BOB........oh wait a minute wrong thread.

CoolCat is always a favorite
FastCat if you tuned it
IowaCat probably taken
KingCat

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Ogcougr

ogkugrr

ragcoug

dadsrag

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I think you had it right from the start! DADSCAT That would be really cool and will keep you thinking of him every drive you take!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You are bless to have a DAD.

Mine never got to see my 41 Buick, he was a Buick dealer in the 40's- 60's. He was involved with Buick for over 60 years. He would say, IF YOU DON'T DRIVE A BUICK, YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH, and then smile and laugh. He claimed to hate even the other GM cars, I'm sure he didn't as he had lots of dealer friends around GM.

You are making him happier than you probably know, IMO.

Have fun, FUN IS GOOD!

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks...lots of good suggestions I must say! I am a very lucky guy to still have the great dad I do. Yes Dale, I am very definitely blessed! I'm anxious for my next trip home in July to give him a hand on his '55. I haven't worked on a Mopar in many years. You have all given me some great ideas to think about. Thanks for your help! Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts