Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if i decide to get this 71 XR-7 i am going to need it transported from Cali to Mass and i need to know of a good transport company that can handle this with professionalisim, and without messing up the car. I have WAY to many horror stories and do not need another headache.
Thanks Guys and Gals for you patience with my endless post and rants....oh and the car will still be orange just found one that needs no bodywork:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dave, 3 years ago I bought a car in Sacramento CA and had it shipped to Detroit. I used DAS which is on eBay and I was fairly happy with their service. I paid a little over $700 from terminal to terminal for a running car. The hauler was open, not enclosed. Non running and door to door will cost you more. This was my only experience so do with it what you want.:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not bad. It costed me about $900 to get Ginger myself from NC to Delaware. That's gas, rental, ect.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I used silver transport, through A AAAAuto car brokers Inc. It was an open carrier but there very thorough. Before they even put the car up on the trailor they mark down any dent's, scratches,crack's, rust, anything they find and make the owner sign the sheet. When the car arrive's you will be asked to do the same thing in case there was any damage done during shipping. Or seller pulling a fast one. I was happy with them, anyway's it cost me $1,075 from Bay area in California to just outside Detroit door to door. Jon

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dave

There is a 73 Cougar here in Winston-Salem for sale. The ad says good body, needs mechanics. $1300. It's closer than California!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts