Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know were I can find genuine Ford battery tray for my 70 Cougar an not a reproduction?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Kal, contact JUSSMPLCOUGARS. He has threads in the "Parts for Sale" section for NOS. John

·
Registered
391 Posts
You might also try Green Sales Company, greensalescompany.com. They specialize in obsolete Ford parts and have reasonable prices. If you know the part number, you can input it on their site and they will tell you right away if they have it. If not, you can call them, they will look it up and then tell you if they stock it. I've bought a number of parts from them for my Cougar and my '73 Marquis.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Does anybody know were I can find genuine Ford battery tray for my 70 Cougar an not a reproduction?
For what size motor? 24F and 27 F Battery trays are different sizes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
For what size motor? 24F and 27 F Battery trays are different sizes.

The 22F was also used in 1970 and extremely difficult to find with the battery being even tougher.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
NFN, but does the battery tray matter THAT MUCH in a concours resto? I think not and you would be hard pressed to find a judge to whom it mattered to, even a little. Is that what you after it for?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Just let everyone know what size you're looking for. The guy making the 27 tray does a very nice job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 351W with auto trans & just looking to keep everything factory Ford parts an Made in the USA vs buying cheap aftermarket that not do good or fit right.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Its a 351W with auto trans & just looking to keep everything factory Ford parts an Made in the USA vs buying cheap aftermarket that not do good or fit right.
If/when you find a NOS tray, the price will change your mind. This is one area where repro is just fine and the fit is also just fine. You really don't see the tray anyway. Pick your battles...

Couldn't fnd a 70, but here's a 67/68:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-67-68-MUSTANG-SHELBY-BATTERY-TRAY-GROUP-24-FOMOCO-/390309699039?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae0455ddf

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think Jenny and II have one hanging on the wall of our garage. It would be off a '69 and was taken off our parts car ... probably back in the early 90's. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between an original and a repo ... except for the grime that is on it. If you can tell me where/what to check, I'll be happy to look into it for you.

PS - We've already installed a reproduction one that looks good, and then ran into the original as we continue to unpack our boxes of "stuff". Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts