Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've four Magnum 500 wheels in very good condition. They have VERY minor pitting if any at all. It would not take much too get them shining again, like they aren't already lol! I've kept them pretty clean otherwise. They still have BF Goodrich TA's on them (50% front 40% rear).

What I'm looking for are 4 wheels, preferably stock steel wheels, and either 4 new tires or 4 like new (I'll go down to 80% tread left).

Like I said it could be an even trade or a trade plus cash. I can get pics but I may be a day since I'm incapacitated with a brand new hip and cannot drive to where the Cougar is. BUT, I can get them, just in a day or so.

If anyone has anything like what I'm looking for either post up or PM me.

BTW: I did check with Don and it really wouldn't be feasible for me to ship my wheels and him to ship his, plus I'm looking for tires too. I do have some feelers out at a local place so I'm not just putting all my chips here, but I thought it would be a good starting place!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
A good starting place would be to advise us where the wheels are located.
Then, you might want to mention what size the wheels are and maybe the backspacing, too.
Oh, and how about telling us what size the tires are.
and, yes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hope you are up and around soon with that new stainless and plastic joint.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A good starting place would be to advise us where the wheels are located.
Then, you might want to mention what size the wheels are and maybe the backspacing, too.
Oh, and how about telling us what size the tires are.
and, yes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hope you are up and around soon with that new stainless and plastic joint.
Yes, I feel like a dopey newb for not posting this info...

Located = Northern Ohio. Specifically Medina County, to the point Wadsworth 44281
The size of the "wheels" = Not sure. I know the tire size is as follows:
Tire size = 225 60 R14

Some misc info about the wheels themselves is: The fronts are for Disk Brakes and the rears are for drum brakes only. I didn't know this until I had the Cat in my shop and the Ford guy there pointed this out to me. The lip on the bottom edge of where the nuts are and the rest of the wheel on one of the sizes is taller than the other size.

I'll include these in the pics as well so real newbs will know what I'm talking about.

P.S. I'm looking for 15" wheels/tires. Probably something like 15x6 or more likely 15x7. I won't have trouble with clearance and you'll see why once my little cat becomes a BIG CAT! LOL!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE FOR LOCATION:

Location of these wheels is Cuyahoga County, Specifically Berea, 44017. Feel free to contact me about these if you have 15x7 wheels and/or steel wheels to trade with.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Still for sale or trade. I'm looking/hoping for someone close by, say within 2 to 2.5 hours away. The further you are then the need for tires on the wheels goes up, since I'll need to drive it home.

Thanks, Paul

P.S. The location has changed, but not by much. 45 minutes South of 44017, in zip code 44281.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's the asking price for a straight sale if I come pick them up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts