Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to switch the interior on my Cougar from ivy green to something else. I was going to recover mine, but the backing on the rear panels has shattered. So, I am going to go this route first.I really open to either tan(beige) as I am thinking of going back to a dark green or dark cherry, and I think the tan would look great with either. Of course, Black would work great to, but it is not the greatest choice being in Oklahoma. I really just want a nice relatively clean set, I can handle a little wear as the car will be for fun, not concours. I am open to any style, just let me know what you got.

Thanks!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
In regards to the rear panels, mine has a crack also. I am intending to lightly sand it then try and use fiberglass cloth and resin to strengthen and stiffing it. Could you possible fix yours that way?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i agree with harvey---gently put it back in shape and use resin and f/g matting--stiffened it up so good i did the non cracked side also---doing this prior to removing the upholstery kinda gives you an extra set of hands

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have 68 standard, decore, and XR-7 style rear side side panels here. The only tan ones are in the XR-7 style. If you are going to reuse your door panels you will want the rear panels to be the same style, or at least I would so that they match. Let me know which style you would want I can let you know what I have. Or you can look up my old thread under the 67-8 parts for sale section to see a listing. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 6 of 6 Posts