Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a good dash pad for my 1968 cougar standard coupe, any color will work, not fussy, I got my cougar with no dash so there is no mounting brackets or bolts other than the dash frame, so i would like to get the mounting hardware as well.
Willing to pay up to $250 Plus Shipping to Colorado, Dont care if its a repro or original, as long as it is in good usable condition,
also looking for the MERCURY script that appears on the front left fender,
any help would be much appreciated, Im trying to get my old cat back on the road!
can email me at [email protected] or PM through this site

thanks.

DAVE

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Dave, where in Colorado?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Info Guys, there is a member who may sell me his pad, Fingers Crossed! if it does not work out ill try WCCC.
I am located in Lakewood Colorado, and I do all my own restoration work, I am lucky enough to own a very
soilid and straight 1968 Coupe with 302 4V / Disk Breake / A/C car, I bought it with no dash pad or anything up front
so i am trying to piece together what goes in the dash area, it has the Standard interior, (Ivey Gold),
my plan was to shoe horn a 460 into it but after seeing just how original this car is, its best to rebuild the little 302 and
try to keep it as original as possible given my budget.
thanks again guys

Dave in Lakewood CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought i would give a little more info on what exactly i am doing here!
I have two sons, aged six and seven, my plan is to build two Identical cars
for the boys, this first one is for my seven year old, so i have some time to get the
cars done right, I have been restoring cars for 30 years, and I always loved Cougars
so when my wife suggested the idea of building some cars for the boys, she said Build them a pair of Mustangs after working
on mustangs for as long as i have, I began my search for Cougars, I found the first one locally, it was in the same family for 35 years
and is very original and in very nice shape, minimal rust but the interior was stripped, the plan was a resto-mod with 460 / C6 Running gear
but after seeing just how original this car is, it would be a shame to change it much, so going to keep the 302 4V and stay original with the interior
once i get a Little further with this car i will begin my search for another, not an easy task, as i am on a limited budget, Hopefully the boys will be
as crazy about Cougars as i am, and this would be "Some thing Special" from Dad. it is even harder now as i was recently laid off, but i see that as more time
to work on the cat!
Special thanks to Don, for the info above! so many Cougars would be rotting and going to wast without you!

Dave in Lakewood CO

·
Registered
144 Posts
pm catfan, he is located in New York, and has a dash pad for sale. It is out of his 68. from the pictures it looks really nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone for the help, I have just purchased a Dash Pad form another forum member, and waiting for it to arrive then begin to put the interior back together in my 68 Standard.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts