Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, somebody posted a humorous story on this site on the development of the Cougar through the years. It was along the lines of a love story, with the infatuation of the '67 model, and progressed with the car changed over the years. It was written like a guy watching his girlfriend change.

I have searched, but can't seem to come up with the original post. Does anyone have it or know where it is?

·
Registered
270 Posts
How"s this? So true I had to save it. :)

1st cougar and last cougar
Its as if in 1967 you met the most beautiful girl in the world. You were completely blinded by her beauty. In 1968 still beautiful you married her and were truly in love. Then in 1969, she was still beautiful but started to put on a few extra pounds but you didn't mind that too much because the ride had become softer. Then came 1970 and she was starting to show her age a little, a little thick in the middle and you swear you don't recall her nose being that big when you fell in love. Then in 71-73 you start wondering what the heck happened to that beautiful bride, her bumpers got a bit too large, an she had too much junk in her trunk. She also got a lot heavier, I mean she still looked OK with her top down but she was deteriorating fast into something more like your grandma. Sometime right after '73 you just lost interest in the old boat anchor and got a divorce.​

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like my cougars with a little "meat" in the right places :) oh and 71-73 were LIGHTER than the previous gen. just sayin...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The best part is the bit about the nose.

The photo above has left me with a mental image that will require much alcohol to erase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts