Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know where I can get a braided speedometer cable for my car? My current one was zip tied a little too close to my headers and got melted.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I couldn't find one so I'm going to put a standard one on and zip tie it away from the headers better than the last shop that worked on it did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't find one so I'm going to put a standard one on and zip tie it away from the headers better than the last shop that worked on it did.
I'm not sure that I have seen a braided speedo cable in all of my years. Do you have a picture?

I had the same problem with mine. It laid against the exhaust pipe and burned it, so I have to replace it. Mine was OE to the car and just the smooth outside cover.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure that I have seen a braided speedo cable in all of my years. Do you have a picture?

I had the same problem with mine. It laid against the exhaust pipe and burned it, so I have to replace it. Mine was OE to the car and just the smooth outside cover.
I didn't have one I was told they were available. I got the new cable routed way better than the shop that rebuilt my car. It definitely won't be a problem again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts