Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 1969/or 1970 parts car I have a 1970 cougar and could use some body parts and misc items. You guys know any scap yards or people who own any in those areas i could buy?
Thanks
Aaron

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Deja Vu? Haven't we been down this road before? I thought you had a couple of (what looked to me like) very good leads the last time you posted a thread like this? What happened to those?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha well I got some parts from chris but the drivers door on my cougar is in worse shape then I thought so im kinda looking around for more close cougars so when i get to some of the parts I need I can get them. Ive got the door and fender done on the pass side and almost ready to pull the motor im gona do the interior over the winter. Im just looking for more leads that way if I need something I know where to find it. Hows your cougar doing??
Thanks
Aaron

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Haha well I got some parts from chris but the drivers door on my cougar is in worse shape then I thought so im kinda looking around for more close cougars so when i get to some of the parts I need I can get them. Ive got the door and fender done on the pass side and almost ready to pull the motor im gona do the interior over the winter. Im just looking for more leads that way if I need something I know where to find it. Hows your cougar doing??
Thanks
Aaron
My Cougar is great Aaron, thanks for asking. I have been having so much fun it should be illegal showing the car and taking home awards! 9 shows, 11 trophies this season since she was finished in June.

Good luck with the car, have you assessed the damage further yet (like removing bad panels, at least the ones that unbolt)?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats cool! and yes the panels are all good and the motor has beed really suped up with alot of power adders and I think its been stroked.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...and yes the panels are all good..
Isn't this the car that rolled into a ditch? If yes (and my memory serves), the panels (doors, fenders, 1/4's) at least on one side were pretty banged up. So, this is what I am asking about, that and the fender aprons underneath, stuff like that. Seems to me you need to determine if what is under what you can unbolt is viable or how much work it would need to be viable. I think I said words to this effect this before.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Aaron,
Are you looking for a clean drivers door?? Chris is in the process of getting another parts car.If you want get in contact with him.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes this is the one, and i removed the doors fenders and cut the quarter panel off already. And ill look into that droptop.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
At the same time get that drivers fender as well .

thanks
pat

P.S. aaron im gonna buy the door, if you want a door i got 1 but im not sure on the shipping be feasable.Sorry i been contemplating on what to do so i`m gonna go for it.But talk to chris he can get you anything you want for your car he didnt have

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay haha, yeah i dont have much money for parts right now just looking for leads when I do get money.
Thanks guys, goodluck on your cougars!
Aaron

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is still looking for a parts car or a 69 to restore I have one. It is restorable but has rusted out floor pans and rust in all of the panels, not beat up just rusted. All of the car is there with no parts missing. It was running in 1984 when the guy I bought it from stopped driving it. It is a 351 winstor with a C4 and factory A/C. It is a one owner car because I have not titled it in my name yet. It is dark green with green interior. I live in Greensboro NC and can send some pictures if anyone is interested. You can reach me at [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts