Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking for a 1970 XR-7 convertable with 351-4v or 428CJ Body should be strait and in good restorable condition (Please no rust buckets!) The interior should also be good to excelent (I will consider a few tears/rips but again no JUNK) I'm willing to travel for the right car so please let me know what you all have out there. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
70 Cougar

I have a '70 XR-7 438 Cobra? for sale.

It's an Arizona car, and I ended up with it as part of my grandmother's estate. My grandfather bought the car new in June of '70 and drove it about 5 months before he past away around Christmas that year. It has a little over 8,500 miles on it, and, has essentially lived it's life under a bunch of old blankets about five miles from my house. It's a really nice looking blue color with white interior. It has a big V-8 in it with a manual transmission. Excepting a new DieHard battery, I was able to drive it back to my house back in April when I had to move it, and after a decent washing, I think it looks better than my Honda. Unfortunately, my wife is really on me to free up her garage space, and we just bought a new minivan, so it has to go. I'd like to get about $4,000 out of it, but I'll entertain any reasonable offers. Now is the time that you should all should be made aware that I'm really just goofing on my friend Jim (sorry, pal; keep the dream alive-jd) who probably has already lost consciousness! Somebody should probably call nine one one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Jim, Tim B. and the rest of my friends at mercurycougar.net,

I'm sorry if I caused any heart palpitations on our boards! The car mascharato (my alter-ego) was rambling on about was pure fantasy, and only meant for my friend Jim's (jaurph) amusement ;-(. Oh how I wish the story was true...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. Hoodpins!

Mighty funny joke there JDalu...Kinda reminds me of the latest southpark where Cartman buys Some pubes for 10 bucks. haa haa I'm still waiting for the title to clear on the car. Talk to ya all later Jau.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts