Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

If I remember correctly, when drag racing in NJ, if your car is a convertible and runs faster than 14 seconds in the quarter, you are required to have a roll bar. It has been awhile since I raced in NJ so that might have changed.

Antonio

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Antonio,

That used to be the case, but the NHRA rules have changed to 13.49 for convertibles, 11.49 for hardtops. With any luck, I'll get banned on the first run! Doubt it, but you never know. My best with my old '70 HT "Cleveland Rocks" was 13.9 at 104 mph. I'll probably be okay without slicks, should be fun.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You really going to put Isabel on the track? That would be a lot of fun but I sure hope you don't hurt her. Are you going to race against the clock or other cars?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
For a minute there I thought things were getting a bit rough at home!....still could come in handy I guess! ;>)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

What track are you going to? I used to go to Island Dragway in Great Meadows, ATCO and Englishtown in NJ. And Maple Grove here in PA.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bob, youda man!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob,

What track are you going to? I used to go to Island Dragway in Great Meadows, ATCO and Englishtown in NJ. And Maple Grove here in PA.
Englishtown is fairly close by and that is where I will be going, at least to start with.

Harvey, run against other cars and for clock I guess you could say. But going on a Wednesday night it is Test and Tune/Time Trials Unmuffled/Muffled, so you are not paired up with people in your class, you are just running and whoever is next to you is doing the same, not really against one another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts