Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I removed my valve covers today on my XR7 351W. And found out I will not be able to use my cast Cougar Valve covers. Some one had the3 pedistals milled and installed adjustable rocker gear. This stuff is to tall for the Cougar covers. I inbstalled a set of chrome Mororsports I had here.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
second shot after covers installed

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
so do i say bummer or congrats on the find? this one could go either way but since i am more interested in go han show it will have to be congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
So Neal, what you doing with those other covers:D They would look good on your wall with your pet rock:D Thats kinda cool, cant you make spacers to put under the covers so you can use the Cougar ones? Now you can go roller rockers:D

Rick

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a pair of the cast aluminum couger covers for mine, and they look pretty rad. The ones I got are Drake made, there was a whole bunch of em at the last Portland swapmeet.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I got the Fairlane ones for the Fairlane (duh) at a swap meet last year. Man they are cool, but they only make them for small blocks. I wish theyd make them for the Cleveland, I like the cougar ones.

Rick

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
CAST COUGAR VALVE COVERS

I thought that the "drake" made cast valve covers were made to be tall enough to clear a set of roller rockers. ??:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drakes may be. I got a set of originals. Not sure if I'll sell or get some spacers. Neal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts