Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever run into this? Need some advice on what to do, anything would help.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can buy a patch panel and replace just that area, or you can replace the whole pan, depending on what the other side looks like. If you go with patch, leave the windshield wiper holes alone and cut the patch to miss these holes. Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other side looks absolutely no better, I can't finish the engine compartment until I get this finished. Damn just when I thought things were looking up. I stumbled across a very soft spot and happened upon this madness and I think I am going to replace the whole thing just to be safe. That is going to put me back about 2 weeks

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
On the plus side you have some room to work in there right now....not exactly a silver lining I know, What a PITA !

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Looks like a cowl vent to me.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Just my opinion but replacing the whole thing would be overkill. It gets very complicated getting everything back in place. You have done the hard part that being getting the cowl top off!
0118101552a.jpg 0118101552.jpg 0118101633a.jpg 0830091223.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMG_3960.jpg IMG_3960.jpg Problem solved, thanks for all the tips everyone. Took the better part of the weekend, but I got it done out with the old in with the new. Now on to the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Nice job. The outcome is worth the effort.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Looks good! I Know there was a mustang guy on the you tubes, showing a "short cut" to make that same repair. I think Letsroll got it right, in that getting there had to have been half the battle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts