Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this is a long shot without a vin but I am trying to help a dear friend locate her first and most favorite car. 68 Cougar standard F code 302 w/c4. Painted Gulfstream auqa with auqa interior. Bucket seats with headrests. Car was sold in Hood River Oregon late 80's to early 90's. New owner took car to Utah. Still looking for something with the vin. Any help in finding this car is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I too am curious if there is another way to track down a vehicle without knowing the VIN. I am looking for a similar 68 in Dallas. Would anyone know if old registration info or plate number would be in a current database? Hoping you find a response back from Utah Scode.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I too am curious if there is another way to track down a vehicle without knowing the VIN. I am looking for a similar 68 in Dallas. Would anyone know if old registration info or plate number would be in a current database? Hoping you find a response back from Utah Scode.
If the car was insured perhaps your insurance agent would have a record of the VIN. If you had the car repaired with a regular service business they might still have records. Each state seems to have different methods of keeping records, you could check with your state's DMV. If you have an old plate they might be able to help. Or if you have a good friend in law inforcement they might be able to check a plate for you. I agree with Scode that registration paperwork should have the VIN on it. I know it does here in PA.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 4 of 4 Posts