Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Logan,

must be nice there is snow on the ground and its cold as.....well I cant say how cold it is..

will upload pics after the swapmeet. need to pic a few things up to finish of the engine area.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much of a pain was the swap? Details man, details... I've thought about doing a mod-motor swap myself...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Logan,

Is eBay the only place you're listing the car? Are you trying locally?

·
Registered
364 Posts
The bidding seems to be picking up, Logan. Seems about half-way to reasonable...:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hey logan

Logan,
if in fact it does sell.You got any idea what you wanna build next? Another 69 or a 70 this time? Something that has value or you gonna go balls to the wall again w/ the next prodject?You must have something in mind.Whatever the case may be i`m sure it`ll shine like this one you have here.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator MADCATT(turning it into a pro touring car SUICIDE style)
1970 xr7 convertible COMPLETLY rusted out will notify when its in my possesion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Logan,
I know I'm new, but I must have missed something. There must be some kind of sweet car lined up for you to sell that 69. That car has got to be one of the coolest period. Anyway goodluck with the selling. I can't wait to see whats next.
Mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
logan

Hey logan,
you dropped the reserve price on your car i see? Ihope you get what is the reserve and then some, well worth the price no matter what, since you put in a ton of work into that car.
thanks
pat
1970 xr7 convertible COMPLETLY rusted out will notify when its in my possesion

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only dropped it a little, hopefully to stir up some excitement and feed the bidding...

For those who are wondering, the magical price at which point it'll sell is $13K.

Next project is tracking down a 69 Boss 302 Eliminator or 428 Eliminator for frame-off resto. Proceeds from the XR7 will be the scratch money to make the new acquisition when and if I find it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Logan, buy Pat's elim. It was a 428CJ car, and I think he'd sell it pretty reasonable to you. You will have alot of "scratch" left over :)

Rick

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
my eliminator

Rick,
the car was a original 351c car. The 2nd to last owner put in a 428cj for drag racing purposes.This car is al mismatched, wrong color, wrong engine, wrong transmission,not supposed to have A/C but it does .As well as the tilt, not supposed to have a tilt but it does.I think logan wants more of a original unmolested,numbers matching eliminator, this one here is good for what a person would wanna do to a pro touring car or a cruiser.
thanks
pat
1970 xr7 convertible COMPLETLY rusted out will notify when its in my possesion

·
Registered
694 Posts
Logan,
I have a friend here in St. Louis area who has a 69 Eliminator that came with 428CJ.......it has like 60,000 miles on it,orange, and has been in his garage for probably 15 years and never has restored it......the engine,however,last I heard still hasn't been returned to him from the guy who was rebuilding it although I think he can probably get it. Send me a message if interested.......last time I talked to him I think he said he'd have to get 6500.00 for it but that is just from memory.........Keith

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
sorry Logan your car didnt sell. Hopefully someone offers you your reserve out of ebay. Good luck.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not all that concerned about it... :) We'll put it up one more time in the spring and try and cash in on "Spring fever"... In the meantime, if anyone cares to inquire about it as it'll still be for sale, just not all that advertised. Inquire to [email protected]

·
Registered
866 Posts
Logan, If I had 13 grand, I would buy it right now. If you want to mail me a picture or two, I will post them up at our carlot. We are known for our classic cars (We have a 1928 Dodge, and alot of 50's and such, along with two 79 T/A's, a 72 Chevelle, and more)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts