Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YellowRose is the largest all Ford show in the Southwest. I forget the exact number, but I think it was 269 cars squished into the hall. Heck there were 24 Cobra Kit cars there!

It is by far the BEST car show I've ever gone to, the quality of the entries is second to none...

As for my xr7, yeah, it originally had a black vinyl roof, until I took it off, discovered the swiss cheese roof and said "Never Again!!"...

Personally, I think it looks better without than with. I think the vinyl roof just clutters the lines up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
coug pics

sweeeeeeeeet. How did you cure the swiss cheese problem?

·
Registered
266 Posts
cheese top

You mean one big ultra thin layer of glass? How was it preped?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was swiss cheese, not a big hole. We underlayed a fibreglass mesh and then filled the low spots and sanded it all down to match the countours...

·
Registered
266 Posts
swiss

swiss cheese as in little holes all the way through?

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Cooooool Kitttttttty Logan!

Nice paws on that Kitty Logan! ;) What tire size do you have on the back of that beast?

She looks mighty fine I must say....don't suppose you would have one pic of her before all the work was done would you? That would help everyone appreciate all the work you have put into her all that much more. I know I would appreciate that.

Good work Man :D

Dale

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
vfret, yep, as in various holes and such rusted right through. Vinyl Roofs are evil.

Dale, the rears are 295/50/15's on 15x8 Prostars.

I posted a pic of what it looked like the day it arrived in my garage back in January 2000 a while back.

Here's the link:

http://www.mercurycougar.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58

Stupidly, I didn't take many other pictures from back then. You'd of have to of seen the interior and engine bay condition to really appreciate it. The engine bay was typical of a 30+ year old car that had been severely abused. Same story with the interior. Had to replace 99% of the interior...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts