Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have alock and key for a 68 cougar for the trunk want to sale andwhy when my headlight lifts up whydont they go down.
thanks
lowrider

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i have one from a 67, but i think they are the same. interested? its probably gonna be a week or two before i can take it off the car though. that ok? let me know man. thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey Low...

the headlight thing is probably due to leaking diaphragms (can I say that in here *wink*) in the vacuum motors for the headlight doors.

I have a bad one myself...in the 6 years I've had my baby '67, I've hadda replace around 5 of the dang motors...can't ANYONE make good rubber anymore??? *sigh*

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
... On the headlights
Could also be a vacuum leak on the closing side of the system. or a bad switch... or a bad vacuum resovior...... Boy I'm a lot of help HUH LOL

Don

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
carburation was my problem with Sharky. when i got it, the headlights would work fine but after a while of owning it, the headlights would not close. they would still pop open, but would stay up. after playing with the carb, it was acting normal again. they still both work fine. id try that first and see if that makes a difference before you try to just throw parts at it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks sixt9cougar how much for lock andkey and how do i pay you .thanks again everyone on headlights too.
thanks
lowrider

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
you got mail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts