Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i live in British Columbia Canada and i am trying to register my cougar that is without paperwork, i have gone through all the steps, all that has too happen now is the insurance agent has to sight the VIN in two places and then its done. problem is we can only locate the dash tag. the door tag is worn out and you cannot read it. and there are no numbers on the firewall.

is there any other place this VIN is located?

thanks very much!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi there, i live in British Columbia Canada and i am trying to register my cougar that is without paperwork, i have gone through all the steps, all that has too happen now is the insurance agent has to sight the VIN in two places and then its done. problem is we can only locate the dash tag. the door tag is worn out and you cannot read it. and there are no numbers on the firewall.

is there any other place this VIN is located?

thanks very much!
There should be what is called a buck tag on the radiator support. It will be directly above the passenger side headlight assembly where the fender might partially cover it. It will be attached with a single screw and painted with the radiator support, so you have to look hard to find it. There are also hidden vins under the front fenders in the vicinity of the shock towers, but in 1970, they are only a partial vin.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The VIN stamp is on both fender aprons. 1969-70 are right above the shock towers under the lips of the fenders.

1967 and 1968 are generally visible in the driver side fender notch forward of the center of the shock tower. Hidden on the passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts