Mercury Cougar Owners banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
I remember some time back there was a video posted of a green 67 or 68 Cougar being driven on a road trip. I can't seem to find that post or the video. What I do recall is that he mentioned using steel 16x7 wheels from a Crown Victoria. I believe the backspacing on the 97 and earlier cars is almost perfect. Does anyone have any experience with these wheels? Or recall where that video was posted?

Andrew
Well, since no-one seems to know, I went ahead and ordered a 16x7 +12mm offset Crown Vic steel wheel and 255/55-16 tires. By my measurements these should fit perfectly. Will report back.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Well, since no-one seems to know, I went ahead and ordered a 16x7 +12mm offset Crown Vic steel wheel and 225/55-16 tires. By my measurements these should fit perfectly. Will report back.

Andrew
The fit is perfect. If anyone wants pictures or more details, let me know. Note...last post had a typo. Tires are 225...not 255

Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello guys! i've been looking here in italy on various marketplaces for a couple of wheels to use for drag slicks or drag radials.. i think 15x8 wheels would be fine...
What's the widest tire that i could fit and what backspace do i need? i don't want to rub my tires

ps.
I currently have:
225 70 r14 front on 6.5 torq thrust d wheels
255 60 r15 rear on 7" torq thrust d wheels

281 - 284 of 284 Posts