Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 with 302. When I bought the car the head lights would flicker and the circuit in the head light switch would click. I replaced the head light switch and still have the same problem. In addition, all of the tail light functions worked prior to sending it to the body shop. The brake lights work. The turn signals only the 2 outer work. The tail lights do not work when turned on. It was suggested that when I put the door sill plates on that I may have created a short. So, I took the plates back off and inspected the wiring and found nothing. The car has been sitting now for close to a year as this has frustrated me so much. Once the lighting is taken care of we can finish the car. Thanks for any help.

James

·
Registered
291 Posts
There could be a grounding out situation going on had a similar problem with mine and turns out damn mice chewed through the wire and it started to ground out. I ended up buying the painless wiring harness and replacing everything. I would buy a volt meter and check each wire until you find the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts