Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...I hope I know WTF I am getting into.. The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 011.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 009.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 012.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 014.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 020.jpg

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More parts and stuff The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 019.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 021.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 015.jpg The rebuikd and 4 speed swap 010.jpg
Clutch will arrive on Wednesday; Hopefully at the machine shop by Wed, afternoon.
I still have boxes to pack, and a lot of clean up, even after I sold out at the swap meet.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
My crystal ball says you got some motor work ahead of you......looks very promising too!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
With T-W heads, make sure you 'clay-check' the pistons to check for clearance. You want at least .030" between piston and valve. Otherwise nasty things tend to happen...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked my roller cam out for just that reason, it is only a .513 lift. Box says "good up to .540". Block goes to the machine shop today after work..
It should be a really fun car to drive, when I get it all together here in the next two weeks. Clutch will arrive today, the only thing I forgot to buy while I was deployed,
is a new harmonic balancer. I'll order that today...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like less of a game and more like a party,enjoy I know I would

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All required parts are at the machine shop, waiting their turn! YEAH! No pressure here, trying to build this car, fix my 68 (wiped the lobe on #7, new cam going in as we speak) plus trying to start loading the truck in 9 days tomorrow.... No pressure...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Meh - no hill for climber! Got anything lined up on the other end yet? "Woodsnakes Garage" hmmmmm sounds good! ;>) Good Luck - I'm sure we will hear how it goes

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the Mrs. to be, has bought air fare, for me to go to Disney World, in Fl., and then back to Long Island, over the holidays. At least over Thanksgiving..If I can swing the cost of storage in Canon City until the first of the year, life should be OK. Actually, a lot will be learned after the 7 November....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts