Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they don't make seat upholstery for Fords or Mercs but I just have to vent a bit here. I ordered a set of buckets for the Barracuda. The seat covers came in and they looked fine. I started to install them and noticed one of the seat backs had a defect. The material that made up the horizontal bars on the back had been stitched too close and so they bunched up.

I called Legendary and they gave me a return code. I put the seat back upholstery in the original box and returned it. I get it back 2 weeks later, defect fixed. But now the listing that is at the top of the back is coming unstitched on one side and the threads are coming out on the other.

You gotta be kidding? Ok, I can understand a defect and return it. No problem. But wouldn't you quality control the darned thing before you send it back to the customer? I e-mailed the rep that helped me the first time and sent pictures. Not his fault, but I did state that it bothered me that they didn't even double check the thing before sending it back. That was this morning so we'll see what happens. I got the old sewing machine out and am going to restitch that part of the listing myself. This is the time of the year we drive our cars and have our shows. I'm not going to wait another 2 weeks to finish the seat. Just had to vent a bit. thanks.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
There are no quality control engineers anymore, they were all layed off (overhead). The bean counters say just let the person who makes it do his own quality control....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but then, where is 'pride in workmanship'?

·
Registered
79 Posts
So many companys are looking at the profit end of things and how little they have to invest. I'm a ex Maytag/Whirlpool employee from Newton.Ia. 100 year old company that are plant was replaced by the plant built in Mexico. Towards the end the Company had no pride!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Legendary is 10 miles from me. I took a tour of their facility this past spring and was very impressed with their operation.

I've got their seat covers in my Cutlass, and will be buying their door panels as well.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't agree that QUALITY isn't HIGH on the list of MUST DO'S with companies these days.

I see HIGH QUALITY on most items I either purchase or look at.

Sure some times things are going to slip through the crack so to speak, but for the most part I see quality today is higher than anytime of the past.

I find companies work hard make their customers happy and buying again, plus telling their family and friends.

As a past owner of several businesses, I can tell you that anyone that came to us with issues, we addressed them at once, and did all we could to make the customer happy. A lot can be said about how one APPROACHES the company with their issues. Screaming, and hollering just doesn't cut it.

I wish you well.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that screaming and hollering gets you no where. No one did that here. Their quality is good. The point is however that if you have something returned to you for a defect, double check it before you send it back to the customer!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
cougar1, I agree that once the item was returned, they should have taken a very close look at all of the workmanship.

I should have stated that I haven't found what Four-55's comment on quality, is the norm. Such has not been my experience.

Dale in Indy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts