Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the new LED lights for brake/blinkers. On my 70 the sequentials work great during the day but at night when I'm at idle with the headlights and brake lights on they work very slow or not at all. I've heard the LED's draw only about 1/4 - 1/3 of the current of a standard bulb. The packages I've looked at in stores don't have any specs. I'm also not sure what they would look like because the LED would shine mostly aft and not into the reflector. At $7 - $10 a bulb I thought I would see if anyone here already tried them out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
my roomie tried them in his falcon... but from what we've seen here locally, they're only in red.. for the ricers with clear lenses... putting an led red behind red lenses? it sucks... the stock bulb is WAY WAY WAY WAY brighter...

:)

oh yeah, it's also brighter too.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yeah the LED bulbs suck. I bought some for my Fairlane cuz it was hard to see the brake lights in the day. Didnt do anything, total waste of money. I ended up putting tin foil in the buckets, now its alot brighter with the stock bulbs.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts