Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 4 years and 3 Months of being Stationed in Naples, Italy I am finally on my way back stateside to Charleston, S.C. I will take the Earthquake we had yesterday over here as a sign that the time is right. Anyway, I'll be making a detour to Atlanta for a month to finish my car. It's a 68 std. All the body work has been done. I'll be dropping in the mildly built 302 in place of the original 302 2v (to be preserved for originality) and an AOD in place of the C4 and 3.55's out back. Also will be cleaning up the interior. This car will then be my daily driver. I just wanted to thank everyone in here for all of your help. It has been difficult getting together the parts and stuff while being so far from the car, but all of you have been a huge help and made it possible. I'll be leaning on the expertise even more as I begin to put it all together next week (After the Georgia vs. Florida Game...GO DAWGS!!!) Anyway thank you again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well thank you for the compliment, but I'm pretty sure I haven't helped you out at all ;) , okay maybe by making up questions you needed the answer for as well. In fact, I think I'm pretty good at that!

It must be cool to be going home again. How can you stand over 4 years with these rapid tongued busy little chaotic Italians? Been there 1 week and it was almost too much...
Anyway, have a safe trip home and good luck settling in again!
Don't forget to take some of the Chianti with you! ;-)

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Welcome back to the land of apple pie, rock and roll, and the muscle car! post us some pix when you get back would love to see the car and you reunited.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stationed inNaples? That sounds like a Navy posting. If so, from one Sailor to another, welcome home!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Believe me .... Your country appreciates your sacrfices. Welcome home..... Now get to work on that cat!!

Don

X-sailor as well

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Welcome Back Home

Proud of you. wlecome back.
i know the feeling, for me it didnt sink in for about a week, then i said to myself "im back, im really back home". sometime when i woke up in the morning i didnt recognize my surroundings for a few seconds. lol. that was way back in 84

richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts