Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was honored to be invited to a unwrapping party for a pair of NOS 68 fenders. After champaigne and hor's whatevers the Ford service part paper was slowly pulled off to the "take it off music" to unveil beautifully black primed fenders. And there for all to see were ......wait for it........pre-drilled molding holes.

Oh ya, you better believe I tried to buy them!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Are you talking about holes for GT-E molding? I wouldn't think such a thing would exist. Were there holes for wheel well molding?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just assumed he was talking about wheel well molding holes.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
That's why I had to ask. It didn't seem to be a big deal to me that it would be drilled for wheel moldings. So then I thought maybe that's not what he was talking about.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I recall some debate about whether rocker moldings had a screw at the front. Is that what you're referring to?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The holes for the regular moldings not the GTE. No holes for the rocker chrome. The reason I even mentioned it (for the last time) because in the past there were some fenders found by fellow Cougarers that did not have the holes drilled.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I believe that we have an NOS one here at the shop that does not have the antenna hole punched out. Is yours like that too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts