Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I had done!!!! Only 20 plus years to make it happen, no biggie....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1966 Shelby black and gold, with gold flake, and pearl in the clear coat. Looks just beautiful as a two tone color, and then the light hits it, and then it's a whole new beast!
I L O V E it!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Definitely a different Cat!! Looks great!!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Nice! Well B - don't mean to crack the whip - but that thing is to close to done now!! WHooopa get it done - then find a job.....lol

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Kewl! I like it. Must have been nice to come home and see that.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was. The guy said that he should have the car completed by next Friday. So this one gets the motor done first, and trans swap. I actually got in around midnight on Tuesday, so I am still getting over jet lag, and welcome home stuff. Plus I had to go sign my "Letter of Non retention" the other day at work as well...
But that is another story!
I'll post up some more pictures of the car when it is done! I really don't know how to feel about the completion of a 20 plus year goal, kind of overwhelming.....

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Hey Brian, the car looks sweet. I like the color combo. :ylsup: John

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So,..Here is the question of the day. Do I put the wheel well trim back on or not?

·
Registered
292 Posts
How about mocking up one side using some clear tape and take a picture? For myself, I would run it the way it is, you can always put trim on later. especially if the holes are not obvious. Just my 1/5th of a dime.

Lloyd

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lloyd, is your car sitting over in a Chevron lot? I drove by a yellow one the other day, looked a lot like yours!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Lloyd, is your car sitting over in a Chevron lot? I drove by a yellow one the other day, looked a lot like yours!
If it was in Middleton,and there was a boat also there, then yes, it is mine, but is setting on my property next to the Chevron. Trying to downsize, Income went away.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm trying to do the same thing, for the same reason. Idaho is a very pretty state, but it has not been kind to me so far, as a job or wages go..

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
You can always go for a visit - and don't forget the skis! LOL I was supposed to go there with the Utah ANG (they were running 130's to O'hare at the time) - before they moved us to Peoria - and they had an annual ski trip lined up. DISAPPOINTED I never made it....now it's on my dime :>( Maybe we woulda met huh? Oh' well

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
So,..Here is the question of the day. Do I put the wheel well trim back on or not?
That is something you needed to decide BEFORE paint. This way the holes get filled if you leave the trim off. Since you're this far, I'd say it needs to go back on. Otherwise, anyone who notices the holes there without the trim on will wonder "when will this car be 'finished?'"

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of the bad things about getting paint, is that now all the trim that looked pretty good before hand, now looks like crap. The wheel well trim will have to wait until I get "pefect-er" trim for all four corners..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its all stainless wet sand it down with 2000 grit then polish it up , you will be surprised at how it will shine . There is a few places around here that do it but at a premium price .

Also I was thinking 2 tone in my head with the body line and rear wheel lips , Now I see how it will look . Great thinking there WS and that thing is a killer in the color combo you choose .

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, I know I was actually kind of worried about how it would turn out. I mean, painting a 10 dollar plastic kit is one thing, 5K for a full sized car is something entirely different!
The car is supposed to be finished by this Friday, I am really looking forward to posting a LOT of finished shots. The headliner got installed yesterday, with the new WCCC interior quarter/filler panels, looks so much better!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah some spit shined photos in the sun will blind us but get em up any way LOL .

I had the same thoughts as to what it will look like , I plan on the factory color and a darker green . Don't know which will be on the top or bottom yet . Maybe I will have to do a model to see the effect as well .

When I Managed body shops Honda had a black in 85 or 86 on the Prelude that had a ton of gold and other mica in it .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Woodsnake found a old one today at bodydudes he must have just picked up . Another 2 toner in a red and looks like a dove grey but could be primer cleared .

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aw man! I thought my paint job was "unique"! Now they are showing up everywhere!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts