Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whew! just got back from the show ( no kidding, like 30 minutes ago ) and it was nice this year. more Cougars in there and less Stangs. i woke up early today to get there and was there from about 930 till almost 3. it was cool to see some of your own cars out there as well and it was cool to meet a few of you all as well. got to show my car for the first time as well, and after all of that, i didnt take any pics of it there :( any of you happen to have a few shots of it there by chance?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got some pics of your car :)

I hung out by your car for a bit looking for ya, but no go.

Did you see that 63 Galaxie with the 427 Cammer? *DROOL*

I'll post up my pics soon :)

Edit: I THOUGHT I took some. I guess I didn't. =\

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well alright, here are some of the highlight pictures.

The entire folder can be found here:
http://www.iz-us.com/images/cars/Fab_Fords_2002

I was kinda disappointed, I didn't see any 69 Eliminators. I was looking to see one up close to copy. :) Some spoilers and whatnot, but none of them had the side stripes. Feh!

So this is gonna be image heavy. I'll paste all of my Cougar pix, since there weren't many:

This one was outside, but it was one of my faves that I saw. Really well done!

That GT-E is probably my favorite Cougar of the show. Just looks clean and good. Yum.

And my favorite non-Cougar picture of the show:

It was a good time, we had to park 2 blocks away though...and by god, I've never seen so many Mustangs in my entire life. I sat at a light, and counted the Mustangs...19 went by. This wasn't when the show was emptying out, either.

There were so many cool old Fords driving around, or parked in the lots...and lots of cool new Mustangs too. Definately a fun time.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I was kinda disappointed, I didn't see any 69 Eliminators. I was looking to see one up close to copy. :) Some spoilers and whatnot, but none of them had the side stripes. Feh!

Didn't you see the blue 1969 Eliminator? Black interior, black stripes. 428CJ 4 spd (currently has a lumpy cammed 390). Interior needed some work, body and paint were excellent. For sale $20K I think he said.

Tim B

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
MunchE,

There was also a yellow 69 Elim on the field (by the band and the club tents). The Pike's gray/silver 69 elim clone was there and also a green 69 Elim clone.

The thing that really REALLY pissed me off was the Fab Fords T-Shirts (remember it was to celebrate Cobra's 40th and Cougar's 35 anniversary).......from top to bottom 1) AC Cobra 2) a tiny tiny 67 blown Cougar and 3) a BIG newer Mustang *^%#@. I saw a guy with a 30th anniv. featuring a Cougar and it was much better.

BTW the Galaxie with the 427SOHC was a 1962.

Tim B

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn it Tim, you're making me look bad.

lol

Thx for the info :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was a really bad ass Galaxie... but i liked this one more. awsome body and paint on it..... and it was a 427 car ( if i remember right ) but that Cammer was just flat out bad ass.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
as far as the new cars i think this one is on my most watned list.... even more than the Mach1 that was there. ( i think i can talk my mom into the Mach1 though...... )

By the way... who owns that white Convt with the taillights done up like mine????

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by the way, who else from this board attented?? i did get to meet XR7GT and Tim B and they are both cool and have some bad ass cars. but who else was there?? didnt run into anyone else from the boards or at least i didnt know it was someone from here. far as i know, it was me, XR7GT, Tim B, MunchE and thats it. who else now?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Steve Eitzen (Mr. TCCN) was there, Becci had her twin to Steve's car was there (she mostly posts on eGroups) Jim Pinkerton (had the GT-E 4spd from SPEEDvision) owns Cougar 1, but didn't bring anything........lot of Cats there, darn near every imaginable year/engine combo, only thing missing was a 1971 429!

Tim B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts