Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Knott's Berry Farm Exclusive Pre Show On Saturday

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Don Rush 
#1 ·
My good friend Scott invited me to come to his "pre-sho" and said I should invite a few mc.net guys to participate as well. Scott is more involved on the BOSS 302 forum than this site. No, you don't have to have a BOSS to participate, any cool classic Ford will do, Scott says he might let me take his 70 1/2 429 Falcon since it is rather "uncool" to show up in a rental car. If you don't have a cool Ford but you are an MC.net member who will be in the area, maybe we could Buddie up, a 70 Falcon has a lot of backseat legroom compared to a Cougar! If you want to come PM me so I can let him know how many more dogs to throw on the grill!

DATE OF EVENT: SATURDAY - April 21st, 2012

TIME : 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Boss 302 Registry 2012 Knotts PRE-Show, Meet N Greet, BBQ & Beach Blvd. Cruise

Big thanks to Sho-Air Scott (Team Sho-air) and Mascar Kenny (Nadine), for sponsoring this event!

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't hate me for saying so, but shouldn't "Hunington" be "Huntington"?

Wish I could be there! Have a blast.

#3 ·
Thank you, I will have it corrected, this is a new version and obviously incorrect.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for that, I wilkipedia it all and it looks like the USA Falcon and Torino were the same car with different badges, where here downunder the Falcon was an evolution of the original but the 1970 was the last USA influenced Falcon downunder and Ford Australia had their own dedicated Falcon in the XA, which debut in 1972, with a number of facelifts. And another dedicated downunder model in 1979 with the XD, after another number of facelifts, another dedicated model, the EA was released in 1988, again after a number of facelifts, the AU was released in 1999, and this model had one major facelift, called BA in 2002, as the AU was the "Edsel" for Ford Australia. The current model FG, released in 2008, has been stated that it will be the last downunder dedicated model with its unique rear drive train platform and may be discontinued in 2016. Ford Australia will source the next Falcon from one of the Ford platforms and there being no other "big" rear drive platform, we are all very afraid that the next Falcon will be a front wheel drive, similar to the Tuarus. As this class of car, rear drive "big" car, are achieving only half the number of sales they enjoyed 10 years ago. I've attached pics of the 1970 USA Falcon with the Downunder Falcons, (where they started to be designed for/by Ford Australia), in chronological order.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.