Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going ... I see the event I posted must have lapsed... 70 Cougar Restomod 013.jpg Yes Mercurys are invited

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I'll be coming down. I won't have my Cougar. but plan to take a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be there. My car will be at home though as it is not running yet. I'll bring the Marti report along with me and a few pictures. Looking forward to the show. It's a great one every year. Hope to meet some members of this site there.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I am on my way. We will be in the area Saturday afternoon some time. Hopefully around 2 ish. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of nice cars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like I'm not going to make it after all. I'm stuck at the bottom of the grapevine with a dead battery and bad alternator.gonna hook up the jump box and try to get back to Bakersfield , if I get the alt it be to late to get to the show in time so ill be heading home. Either in the cougar or in a tow truck.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I had a good time today. Great show lots of fine cars and good people. there were 2100+ cars including 1100 Mustangs and some 150+ Broncos. Here are some shots I took today.

[/url] DSC_0008 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0076 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0020 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0045 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0060 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0061 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0013 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
DSC_0019 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0042 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] DSC_0037 by badcattt, on Flickr[/IMG]

I hope to come back next year with my Cougar and see more of the fine cars.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Are any of the Cougars pictured members? All nice but that 70 sure looked interesting!

Thank you for the pics Neal.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
olistoys1 was there, Sharp looking Cougar. I'm sure several other Mc.net users were there. I'll let them tell there story's. I am sure they will be good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually thought the show was on the weak side. There were only 1000 old cars and the rest all 85 to 2013 mustangs,,,, maybe 15 cougars all drivers if that.... Torinos there were maybe 8 no boss 302 mustangs I think we have sold most of our prize possessions to other countries. The inventory we had the last time I was at the show is half.... That was 12 years ago. Where are all the cars???

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
We have to remember, A 1985 Mustang is is 28 years old. Not a new car by any means. But I think a rule that to enter a car must be 10 years old or older or has had 75% of the list price in customization done in order to enter would keep it more interesting. Having never been to this show made all the cars interesting. When you see the same cars year after year they get old. I may have seen some of the Cougars at other Cougar shows I have been to. But the rest are all new cars to me. I saw a lot of hard work done to many of them. I was impressed with the number of Broncos. I did see a Boss 429 Mustang and a Boss 302 Eliminator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts