Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know or remember, I'm the one that was changing hood, grill, etc. on my '69 ragtop from a '69 to a '70. Well, today I worked under the hood for the first time since changing the hood and guess what? Raised up..CLANG! hit the right side! bent back over and slid over to the left and raised up..CLANG! hit the left side. Yes, I've owned '70's before, but it has been a while so the head knocker is going to take some getting used to. Until I do, I guess I'll sound like 'Ma' ringing the dinner bell for a while! Yes, I know: Serves me right...

Chuck:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Oh man, you shouldnt of said that. All the 69 owners are going to laugh at you and raz you. Oh well, you were warned. hahahahahha.

(top secret) I like the 70 look over the 69, now Im going to get razzed too, lol.

Rick

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Maybe you should get a crash helmet until you get used to it:1poke: :eek2:

Don

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
SEE???? the Cougar is getting even for you dressing it funny LOL.

·
Registered
889 Posts
got bit ay

:p: another cat owner bitten by THE TOOTH! Put some of that foam pipe insilator on it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well! I figured if I could laugh at myself, others could laugh at/with me! lol As for padding, etc., for those of you that have seen my website, I'm also the one that got hit between the eyes by a broken fan blade from a full size Bronco. I was standing driver side fender and the blade ended up on the ground by passenger side door. So with my hard head, ragcat will probably need a new tooth if I don't get used to it again soon!:D

Chuck

·
Registered
22 Posts
small price to pay

Like most 70 owners I have also experienced the wonderful head chopper on them........10 stitches worth!
Cussed for a minute, but I can't get mad at the poor kitty, just defending itself!!!
small price to pay for a kool lookin cat. :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not laughing too much yet, I actually made the call to buy a 70 the other day. If by chance I end up with another 69,,, then let the jokes begin!!!mm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts