Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Last night i was riding around in my 87 mustang, just like a good bye ride, cuz i am sellin her to get money to work on the 67 cat, and a import something, look like it used to be an acura integra, well he looked at me funny so i let him hear my two non-restricted 3 inch duals leading to 4 inch toners, well i guess he liked it cuz he sent back a loud rev, too bad his sounded like it was losing a few pounds through his fart burner exhaust, well i just looked forward and waited for green, well he left a few seconds early but i just droped the gas pedal to the floor and let the clutch go, well by the time it reved to where i had to **** to second i was already door to door to him, well by the time i was in third i was laughin my behind off because since he was such a professional driver he missed a gear, well by the time we got to the next stop light i was about a million car lengths behind, well i stopped at the light and put my window down, i was like what happened bud, i barely heard him over his overly loud sterio system, but i did hear him say on green were going ahead, so i was like what the heck, so yet again he left early but i waited till green and then took off, well i thought i had been to cocky and waited to late but i guess i shifted just right because the good old faithful stang threw herself forward and i was at the 4 cylinders back fender, well when i hit 4th gear we were door to door and he was fallin behind, not as fast as before but still, and then when fifth came i was seeing his headlights in my rearview, i pulled off into mc d's, well sure enough the dude pulled into the parking lot w/ his lights off once i walked in the door, he came in and was like omg bla bla bla, i was like yeah whatever, i bought him a soda and was out the door, but i couldn't leave with out leaving him quite a bit of smoke for him to ponder over his aginizing defeat.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
LynyrdSkynyrd said:
i bought him a soda and was out the door, but i couldn't leave with out leaving him quite a bit of smoke for him to ponder over his aginizing defeat.
That was the cool thing to do. Don't gloat too much either.

I should say something about not steet racing......but you've already heard all that.:alien:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Iagree with TIM B stay away from the street racing,sooner or later something will go horrorably wrong and by then it will be to damn late.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys, i took ur advice, and i quit messin around on the street, and i joined the nhra and started attending the sunday drags at U.S. 13 Dragway in Delmar, DE, its been great and every once in a while i take the kat up there and try her out, by next year i hope to have her finished so i can take her up there every sunday and compete in the points race, i love being able to burn out legaly and having people watch u try to go as fast as u can in a completely legal place, aren't yall happy

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
yes we want you around long time not in jail or dead.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
BTW on CourtTV last week there was a murder trial for two guys who were street racing their Barracuda and El Camino. A small car (Geo Storm?) pulled out from a side street in front of the Barracuda that was going 90+. Two in the Geo were killed and one is a veg. The guy in the El C fled the scene.

The racers got manslaughter and a prision term. Stick to the track!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
be sure-

To lay those ugly timeslips on us. Dont be shy, we have all been there... shane:1poke:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
make sure you have the mercurycougar.net sticker in the window when you represent! that way your racing for all of us. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
also

A timeslip will make people look foolish in certain circumstances, especially if they are talking smack, AND you can verify what you say...shane:ylsup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Drive fast, take chances.................at an open track event near you............more seat time than hanging at the drags and you really learn ALOT about driving youre car .......you will now be safer cause you have a better idea of what youre limits are and as we all know.................. " A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS"

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
" A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS"

...or he can get married and listen to them everytime the inlaws visit:realshk:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"or he can get married and listen to them everytime the inlaws visit"

LOL. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts