Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my car is a Kenz & Leslie Special. I was wondering if anybody had any information on these cars?

·
Registered
92 Posts
1969 Kumpf / Kenz & Leslie Special

Another 1969 special Cougar sponsored by The Kumpf Motor Company in Denver. It was a 428 car made up by a local shop called Kenz & Leslie. (They also set a land speed record using flat head V8 in a streamliner type car). Ed Leslie was the same person who drove for Team Cougar. We suppose they used Kumpf as their performance shop / supplier. They also had a '69 Cougar funny car sponsored by Kumpf and Wynns with the number 777 on the side. The dealership has since changed hands and Kenz & Leslie now sells B&G products wholesale

·
Registered
735 Posts
I do not think the Ed Leslie that drove a Trans-Am Cougar for Bud Moore has any connection.

See the bio below from the book "Total Performers - Ford Drag Racing in the 1960s" by Charles R. Morris.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I do not think the Ed Leslie that drove a Trans-Am Cougar for Bud Moore has any connection.

See the bio below from the book "Total Performers - Ford Drag Racing in the 1960s" by Charles R. Morris.
Maybe not. I really do not know. The info I posted was copied and pasted from the Cougar Registry.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah, I think that info from the Registry is erroneous.

But I've learned to never say never. I don't know much about Kenz & Leslie but I do have a fair amount of info on the Bud Moore Trans-Am Cougar operation and I have never read anything on Ed Leslie that mentions his involvement with Kenz & Leslie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts