Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does anyone have any experience regarding this company? I ordered some stuff from them and sent the order a couple of times, but have not received any answer yet.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Pick up a phone and call if you haven't already. Emailing vendors is generally a slow proposition.

I always get better service talking to a real live human as opposed to typing.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Logan's right, phoning is better. By the time I had called Ken's Cougars, UPS was literally at the door. I was just checking on the order, it wasn't really late......I'm just impatient!

I did have a problem with another vendor. I'm not going to say who, (Logan, what's the policy here about discussing vendors? eGroup Cougars doesn't allow it) but they had a very good rating in TCCN. I ordered some things by phone. Three months went by, I e-mailed, I called. I actually talked to someone and they didn't seem to have a clue or care where my order was.

I finally canceled the order, they never gave a reason or apologized.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'd PREFER that vendor problems get emailed to me before they're posted. I'm more than happy to investigate and attempt to get resolution. Steve Eitzen of TCCN is especially good at that.

What folks have to realize, is that this site is sponsored, in part, by vendors. Ticking them all off to the point where they think mercurycougar.net is evil would be a bad idea all the way around.

99.9% of the time, a simple phone is all it ever takes to solve a problem.

Bottom line really is that, if a vendor discussion happens, I monitor vendor discussions very closely to make sure they don't turn unduly derogatory.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Thanks Logan. I thought it would a good time to mention your policy :)

I would like to reiterate that Ken's has been very good, despite their somewhat low rating on TCCN. I don't think there are any really bad Cougar vendors on the TCCN list. Results, as always, may vary! The smaller Cougar vendors sometimes are a little slower and more expensive than their larger well stocked Mustang kin. But they are worth our support.

Tim B

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I've dealt with Ken's in the past. Never a problem. Most of my contact was over the phone and he was very helpful. I'd give him a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about starting this thread about vendors. It was a good thing that it came up that speaking about vendors is not allowed.

I only wanted to get other opinions about Ken's, because it looks very promising part vendor.

I will call to Ken's.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
arska...

Don't be sorry, you're post was a very valid query, wasn't derogatory, and you handled it well. No problems!!

Nor is my feeling on discussing vendors all that well posted around here, so how's anyone to know unless you're reading this thread... :D

I suppose I should post it somewhere, but it's never been an issue really. Everyone around here is well behaved. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even had to close a thread.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts