Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does somebody have any experience with Keisler's new RS transmission?
I am planning to use behind a 428.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
To be honest I never heard of them. Did a search and found the website, looks like a really nice product. Nice option to the TKO's which for the street were really the only game for HD 5 speeds. Well except for Doug Nash and Liberty I suppose. I don't see prices on the site have you priced them yet? My car is a C6 auto and I'd really like it to have a 5 speed with the new engine I'm building.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I never heard of them. Did a search and found the website, looks like a really nice product. Nice option to the TKO's which for the street were really the only game for HD 5 speeds. Well except for Doug Nash and Liberty I suppose. I don't see prices on the site have you priced them yet? My car is a C6 auto and I'd really like it to have a 5 speed with the new engine I'm building.
I sent them an email asked for price for a complete kit (swap from automatic). I asked their strongest 5 speed RS.
The price for a full conversion kit is $4906 for the FE engine. This kit contain everything, pedal kit, hydraulic clutch actuator, flyhweel, clutch kit, drive shaft, etc. They say you get everything you need for the swap.
I think this is a really good price.
I will have a strong 428 engine require high stall speed. Unfortunately I could not find any strong automatic with lockup converter for reasonable price so I it looks like I have to go with manual. But I don't mind it at all.:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What bellhousing does it come with? And does it include pedals? Reading a bit about them they seem like a good trans. Not as clunky as the TKO's. Yep that's a pretty good price too. There's good stuff out there for the C6 automatic but you pay for it. I'd rather have a manual trans myself. It runs you a little bit more but the fun factor is way up there with a 5 speed. Please let us know when you get the kit. I'm very interested to see how you like it. Reading different posts about your car and your plans for it. Sounds like it will be really nice when finished!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So what is the HP & Foot pounds is the unit rated at?

I run a 1980's Doug Nash 5-speed behind my 600 HP Vette, and behind that a 3:70-1 gear. The Doug Nash, isn't an OD unit, so lower gears provide great off the line times. I have beat the H--- out of it, no issues to date.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What bellhousing does it come with? And does it include pedals? Reading a bit about them they seem like a good trans. Not as clunky as the TKO's. Yep that's a pretty good price too. There's good stuff out there for the C6 automatic but you pay for it. I'd rather have a manual trans myself. It runs you a little bit more but the fun factor is way up there with a 5 speed. Please let us know when you get the kit. I'm very interested to see how you like it. Reading different posts about your car and your plans for it. Sounds like it will be really nice when finished!
I think it will be a Quicktime bellhousing. They said that the kit will include pedals however I did not find ford pedals in their store.
I am going to send the $1500 deposit today and probably I have to wait 6-7 months to get the kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts