Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I didn't "just" get it, but a couple months ago I got myself a '67 Cougar with a 289 2bl, running smooth, Im 17 and DIEING to break into it and get work done! So I'm just introducing myself to the cougar world!
Hello Everyone!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello and welcome. Post some pics and update your profile with location, that will help if you ever need local assistance... Glad to see next generation (as if we are that far apart) is digging into these classics too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the cougar!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard. You are in the right place to have a bunch of people here to assist you and help you better to enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
PICS? Welcome!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Good to see a new or younger person getting a Cat! Here is the place to find answers to all our cougar questions and lots of parts are available.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats on your 67!!! I'm a newbie at 52 with my current 68 that I purchased 10 months ago.. However I bought my first one a 67 when I was 16 back in 1975! I loved that car.........and the teenage memories.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the cat an everything hope you enjoy it an dont be affraid to ask questions on here. An what is the history on the car an what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
History: I got it from a man in El Paso, TX and brought it back here, to Tucson, AZ. I know its the original motor and I believe trans as well. I can get a lot of info from the man I purchased it from (He knows its history) What sort of questions should I ask him?

Plans: I want to restore it to its former glory! Right now I'm in debate with myself whether I should drop a 351w crate motor (i wanna go faster!) into it and maybe look for a newer 5-speed that would compliment it. I want to paint it black, leave all the original chrome and whatnot, and put in a saddle interior. So a sort of restored/original/custom/whatchamacallit. I want to put some big ol fat tires in the back to give it a mean look as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts