Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I bought a 68 cougar. The vac headlight doors don't work, the seq. tail lights don't work and the 302 engine is from a 84 mustang hooked up to the original C4. For the tail lights I know I need the little control box. I looked in the trunk and it isn't ever there. I think it is around $80. I looked under the hood and the two lines that supply vacume to the head lights isn't even attached. Can anyone tell me where or show me a picture or where these two lines should hook up. Also does anyone have some good pictures of their interior? Mine is super plain jane so I would really like to upgrade the dash to a better model but I don't ever know what the other interiors look like.
Thanks guys. I'm new to the board but not to cars. I also have a 71 F100 SWB w/ a 460 and C6, PS & PB. First thing on the cougar is paint (original maroon), then 5 speed, then air, then 351! Can't wait.

Austin

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Da...
The first thing to do if your going to do work on the cat is sign up for Theclassiccougarnetwork.com . It has a wealth of info in the encarta section as well as many articles on upgrades and general care of your cat... including diagrams for the headlight vacuum hook ups. it is $11.00 a year for the subscription but the time you save in research makes it well worth it

Don:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts