Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just finished re-upholstering my front seats ('68 Decor - Tan). The upholstery was from WCCC. Really nice stuff. 98% identical to the original. The ONLY differences I could see are the piping across the top and bottom of the basketweave. It's smooth on the original and has small dimples on the new. And, the channels for the attaching wires running through on the seat pad are curved on the original and straight on the new.

I was lucky on the seat foam. The original foam had only one minor wear point, and that was on the driver's side seat back where the upholstery had worn through. But, it was so minor that I didn't need to do anything.

No more sheep skin covers on the seats. Whoo-Hooo! And, my wife isn't embarassed to ride in the car with me.

I have an undamaged, original seat back cushion from the passenger seat, and two original seat back boards (that clip onto the back of the seat) that may be worth something to someone (or maybe not). I don't know if a concourse guy would be interested in those or not. The seat back cushion is probably a little faded in places. Those backing boards are in really good shape. I was going to list them on eBay, but I don't want to waste my time. What do you guys think?

Now, it's time to get that console pad and steering wheel pad recolored. That really sticks out now.

One step and a time!

Thanks,

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Wow, that does look nice. The fit looks spot on. I think tan makes for a classy interior color IMO. Kinda wish mine was not black.....sigh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts