Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone!!! I got my Dream Car.

I have been searching for a 69 R-Code since I was 15 when my brother sold his. 9 1/2 years later my friend b0nes421 is searching the local paper and sees an add for 2 eliminators. Call's the ad and finds out it's my dream car down to the paint and trim code's, Yellow with Black interior.

One hell of a find!!!!

The 2nd elim is a M-code, Bright Metallic Blue, with Blue Interior, all original down to the spare tire in the trunk. My brother split the cost of the cars with me and he will be picking up the blue one.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Congrats to both of you, post a picture of the blue one if you can, no offence to the yellow one its just that I am painting mine Avus Blue and am collecting pics of blue cougars, altho" with all the chrome in front of mine it will not be the same effect, but interesting all the same.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
holey crap..damnit man

How do you say........woooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo

Excellent find. That is a cool feeling.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep!

The best part is the price....$2200 for both and he gave us a 351W.

Both the cars are straight! only surface rust... Interiors are good. I can't wait to post some pics.

I pick them up this weekend... I will take some photos and post'em. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I double what Bowl said "wooooooooooohoooooooo"

·
11,000 Posts
Eliminator registry

Be sure to register both Eliminators with Frank Bowers' Eliminator Registry.
link:

[email protected]

Royce Peterson

·
Registered
669 Posts
You gotta be kidding! Only in Calif can you find this type of deal on basically rust free cars!!

Shoot me now!:aug2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Eliminators

Congratulations on your good luck. Send me the data plate information on your cars when you get them.
Frank Bowers

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
yes. pics. must see pics.

"Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy."

In an insane world.. the sane ones would appear insane.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
TLogan53, Very happy for you! What a nice find. Are you not the one with the $400 xr7? Since you have no use for it now lets get it sent to Indiana!!! LOL mm

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Motors

Thank Fellas, The R Code does not have the 428 :( but it has everything else. It currently has a 289 in it. He put the 428 in a boat. Said he don’t have any idea where the boat is now.

The M Code though has everything original motor and tranny. The blue one isn’t missing anything...its in real good condition. It's in better condition than the Yellow one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
:1poke: What kind of guy in his right mind would pass 2 Eliminators on to the next guy for that price? The same guy that would tell a guy about an XR7 w/4speed for $400! I just wanted to officially congradulate my friend on his new Coug. You finally got it man.

We have been friends for a long time and I'm glad that I could help make one of your dreams come true... now if I could only find one of MY dream cars I'd be set!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!

Thanks!

Too bad that XR7 had a salvage title....LMAO. (Just my luck)

Too Good for you though b0nes now you get a 4-speed.

It's all about carma. It all comes back to you sometime...LOL:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts