1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I'm sure the younger generation will love it, with all the racey lines and swoopy curves. Me? I'm gonna need some time to get used to it. It ain't my parents mustang (or even my mustang!), thats for sure.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
If that is a real mustang, I LOVE It! Finally, something to compete with!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Looks good except for the pushed out rear wheel pod that makes the rear wheel/tire look smaller than the front.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Kinda looks like an Acura, or Audi. 2005 was the best retro styling, imo.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Kinda looks like an Acura, or Audi. 2005 was the best retro styling, imo.
I've read that they are going away from the retro styling for the next gen mustangs. They want to appeal more to younger buyers, so they need to use more updated sheetmetal styling.

I agree about the back wheels ~ they dont' look quite right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this move happens & it probably will it will be primarily to gain International market share although the side effect most likely will be the y gen buyer boom as well.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
This from the guy who said he was leaving MC.net because of bickering??? The pic is NOT a production car, yet... More NOPI-type BS being inflicted on us serious Classic Cougarnutz!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
This from the guy who said he was leaving MC.net because of bickering??? The pic is NOT a production car, yet... More NOPI-type BS being inflicted on us serious Classic Cougarnutz!
Regardless, many sources I read have said that the next Mustang will go in this direction, using the basic concept of the Evos, which was shown a while back. I hope they do something different with the quarter windows than what is shown here.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I hate 20-series rim-guard tires!!! I wonder what the real production version will have...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Prototypes rarely make it as demo'd....look at the Charger - 4 doors!! I'm still laughing at them! This thing looks like it farted and had spandex pants on - all poofed out in the butt.....meh - to ricer if you ask me. I kinda like the snarl in the grill area though....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Doesn't float my boat but I do recognize that I am of the older persuasion and I am not aprt of Ford's target demographic. (Which is too bad because I have the cash now haha)

But kudos to marketting because I agree with most here that this is done to hit the youger group and ya it does look like a ricer puked all over some kind of supercar and it stuck. Younger folks will likely embrace that body style as it appears to be their "thang". To each his own. Hell it really isn't THAT bad to me even just not classic msucle car which I have always loved.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah and for all you complaining "stain makers" out there at least I put up topics that are really worth investing a little breath in? who really cares if you over inflated your tires 4 lbs on now get 2 more miles to the gallon on highway, not me.....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
But look at the cycles Ford has gone through, with the original 64 1/2, then 67 (bigger), 69-70 (bigger) and 71 (still bigger)...I don't want a do over on a 74 mustang II, and honestly, the 80's fox bodied cars, while looking OK, really aren't as sexy as the earlier ones. Who wants a restyled 1980? Those things were hideous.
The Ford GT, while being a corvette killer, is not a "real" car, I think they are waaaay to expensive for normal guy to buy. We blue oval folk need something rally the faithful with, and this could do it!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Could the "wide rear end" be more for comfort for passengers, given that most are overweight these days? I remember some characters on the "old" Saturday Night Live that had huge butts, now I can't recall what their names were???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts