Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Cougar made the almost 300 mile round trip saturday without any trouble at all. Got about 13.5 mpg with 65-70 mph cruising and the traffic jams around the show. My brother used about 4 gallons less gas with his 3.00 gear to my 3.25. What a show!!!! Hundreds of cars just at the Dean fest alone and I didnt even make it over to the Ducktail at Gas City and everyone said there were probably as many cars over there also. Mine was not the only Cougar and was surprised to see 4 more there. There were two 67s, a 68, and 70 XR7 along with my 69 ss. If you like cruisers this is the show to see, 49 and 50 Mercs galore with just about everthing else you could dream of. Swaps, vendors, food, music. They wont even let anything newer than a 1970 in the gate!!! Next year I think I'll try to make it for more than one day. mm

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was watching "Hemmings - My Classic Car" today, and they did a segment on the james dean run and the gas city deal. Had a lot of old mercurys from what I saw. It looked like good times. If I wasn't several thousand miles away I would go next year for sure.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chad, here in Indiana we call them trips vacations. You heard presidant Bush right? He said to spend money and have a good time. mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts