Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting on the side porch talking to a friend, and my '68 cougar was parked in the road. 2 Kids walked by and didn't see us sitting in the porch. They were walking in the road heading from the front of the car to the back. When they reached the car, one of the kids said "WOW! Look at that Camaro!" but the other kid said "No! You Idiot, It's a Jaguar!". So my friend and I sat on the porch thinking..."How could they think it was a Jaguar???"...So we came up with this - the cat on the front passenger side headlight cover! DUH!!!!!!

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
In 1966 Jaguar sued Ford and made Ford add the words Cougar under the running cat emblem on the grille.

It's ironic that if the new Cougar gets the nod for 2004 model year, it will probably be built on the Jaguar S Type platform

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
a Jaguar?? man you are getting off lucky. My Cougars been called a Skylark, a Charger, a Challenger, any number of Oldsmobiles and Buicks, and the of course " they made Cougars back then?"

·
Registered
406 Posts
sixt9coug said:
they made Cougars back then?
...I get that one about once or twice a week. Most people think mine's a mustang, and I give them that because from the side they kinda do. - Chad

·
Registered
314 Posts
My friend( drives a '76 Crapmaro) is constantly calling my Cougar a Mustang just to piss me off. I just reply at least there aren't 12 or so cougars school.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts