Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly restoring a '67 XR7 (289). I'm currently detailing the trunk. I have a new "Jacking Instructions" sticker to add under the trunk lid just over the spare tire. I also have an identical parts-car Cougar and the sticker is upside down on the trunk lid. It is oriented as if you are looking at from inside the trunk. Was this just a mistake at the factory or am I missing something. It seems to me that it should be right side up if you are crouching outside the trunk looking up at it.

Any info. would be ppreciated. Thanks, [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Alot of the times, the factory just stuck them on without looking, so it is possible it was put like that. Or if you got locked in your truck, you'll have something to read.

Rick

·
Registered
669 Posts
Those stickers get slapped in pretty quick. Many times you'll see them crooked, in fact I've never seen one straight. This brings me to a dilema..I'm restoring a '69 cuda convertible and I'm wondering whether I should put the new decals on straight or crooked like they were from the factory.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
It all depends if your going for 100% correct. If you are, do it the way it was (helps if you have pix before you tore it all apart to help in judging), but if you changed color, engine, etc. put it on straight, looks much better and you wont have to lock anyone in your trunk,lol

·
Registered
669 Posts
I changed the color, but otherwise the car is restored to original. I even rebuilt the engine with the original exhaust manifolds and the 2bbl carb. Yes, I have pix of the stickers before the teardown so I would know exactly where the new ones would go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts